1. What are the top-rated Prata places in Singapore?
In terms of customer reviews and popularity, several Prata places stand out in Singapore. Some of the highly recommended ones include:
- The Roti Prata House: Known for their crispy Prata and a variety of delicious curry options.
- Prata Corner: Renowned for their affordable prices, generous portions, and flavorful Prata.
- Mr. & Mrs. Mohgan's Super Crispy Roti Prata: Famous for their ultra-crispy Prata with a wide range of accompaniments.
- Thasevi Famous Jalan Kayu Prata Restaurant: A highly regarded establishment known for their authentic Indian flavors and reasonable prices.
- Springleaf Prata Place: Loved by many for their innovative Prata creations, fusion dishes, and cozy ambiance.
These Prata places consistently provide delightful culinary experiences and are worth a visit!
2. Where can I find affordable Prata in Singapore?
If you're searching for budget-friendly Prata options in Singapore, several establishments offer quality Prata at reasonable prices. Some of them include:
- Casuarina Curry: A well-known Prata joint that serves tasty Prata without breaking the bank.
- Al-Azhar Eating Restaurant: Renowned for their extensive menu and affordable Prata choices suitable for all budget ranges.
- Sin Ming Roti Prata: A popular local favorite offering pocket-friendly prices and delicious Prata variations.
- Ah Dong Teh House: Though famous for their tea, they also serve affordable and flavorful Prata.
- Fong Seng Nasi Lemak & Prata: Known for their affordable and satisfying Prata offerings with different fillings.
These eateries provide delicious Prata options that won't burn a hole in your pocket!
3. What are the different types of Prata available in Singapore?
Singapore offers a diverse range of Prata flavors and types to suit various tastes. Some popular types of Prata you'll find include:
- Plain Prata: Traditional Indian flatbread served plain or with a side of curry as a dipping sauce.
- Egg Prata: Prata cooked with beaten eggs, resulting in a delightful combination of flavors.
- Cheese Prata: A cheesy variation of Prata that adds a rich and gooey element to the dish.
- Coin Prata: Small, bite-sized Prata, often crispy and perfect for snacking or sharing.
- Banana Prata: Prata filled with slices of sweet banana, providing a unique blend of sweetness with the savory dough.
These are just a few examples of the many Prata variations available in Singapore, each offering a distinct taste!
4. Are there any 24-hour Prata places in Singapore?
Yes, Singapore is known for its bustling food scene, and you can find several 24-hour Prata places to satisfy your cravings any time of the day or night. Here are a few well-known 24-hour Prata joints:
- The Roti Prata House: A popular spot that remains open 24/7, allowing Prata enthusiasts to indulge in their cravings at any hour.
- Casuarina Curry: Known for their round-the-clock service, this Prata place ensures you're never deprived of a satisfying Prata experience.
- Thasevi Famous Jalan Kayu Prata Restaurant: Enjoy freshly made Prata at any time, day or night, as this establishment operates non-stop, catering to night owls and early birds alike.
These 24-hour Prata places ensure you can grab a delicious bite whenever you desire!
5. What is the average price range for Prata in Singapore?
The price of Prata in Singapore may vary slightly depending on the establishment and the type of Prata you choose. On average, you can expect the following price range:
- Plain Prata: SGD 1.50 to SGD 3.00 per piece.
- Egg Prata: SGD 2.00 to SGD 3.50 per piece.
- Cheese Prata: SGD 2.50 to SGD 4.00 per piece.
- Coin Prata: SGD 1.00 to SGD 2.00 per piece.
- Banana Prata: SGD 2.50 to SGD 4.50 per piece.
Additionally, combo meals and sets that include Prata and various side dishes can range from SGD 5.00 to SGD 12.00. It's important to note that prices may vary slightly based on location and restaurant.